Monday, March 13, 2017
"I'll be seeing you!"
"Well, well, well!!" He said "look who it is! Didn't think I'd be seeing you again so soon," Peter was saying, at a glance it looked like he was sitting alone, but if you took a harder look you could see a shadowy figure sitting across the table from him. "How's everything been? I thought you were gone for sure, I was just starting to get used to you not being around!" The shadowy figure made a nodding motion, and a soft chuckle, it took a deep breath and let out a long sigh... it didn't say a word though "so that's how it's gonna be? That's ok, I understand. It's been a while, you've forgotten about all our good times!" "I haven't," assured the the shadowy figure in a scratchy voice, a tiny ember crept up slowly to its mouth and hung there for a few seconds "I've come to make peace, we never had a proper goodbye, and I'm glad we didn't. You have always been a great friend to me, but this time things will be different..." Peter let out a sarcastic laugh, "oh you! I thought you'd learn a thing a or two, but apparently you haven't!" The shadowy figure stood up abruptly, like a blur, it whisked its way to the other side of the table and sat next to Peter. "I have learned a lot, Peter, in fact, there's a few things I can teach you now." This time Peter actually broke out into a fit of laughter, real laughter, and after he had been able to catch his breath, lit a cigarette "you actually made me laugh, maybe you have learned some new things..." the shadowy figure sat in silence for a minute, looking in Peter's direction, then turned its head and looked straight ahead. "I know I haven't been around for a while, and I apologize, but I've also learned that I could not have gotten to where I am now if it wasn't for you..." a thin blur of shadow began to wrap around Peters shoulder, slowly leaning Peter up against its shadowy blob of a figure. "For a while, I seemed better off without you, but as time crept on, I began to see that even though I was disregarding your very existence for these past years, that didn't change the fact that you were still a part of me, your traits have grown in me, and whether I acknowledged them or not, they were there, they just didn't have a name, and they certainly weren't 'me'," a glowing tear rolled down Peters cheek, and soon after, another one down the other. The figure looked at Peter again "there are many new things that I can teach you, it is only fair for me to give something in return for what YOU have given me...." one of the glowing tears fell to the ground, creating a splash, creating a glowing ripple in the endless void. "The shadow rubbed Peter's furry head with it's 5 wispy fingers, Peter giggled. A distant light had began to creep up from below, growing stronger by the second. "This is a new beginning, buddy. A brighter future!" The light grew stronger and stronger in the distance, lighting up the void that surrounded them. The figure began to vanish as the light grew, Peter's face had never felt such warmth, his body had never felt so much comfort, his feet and hands had stopped feeling numb and the tips of his fingers no longer felt like stubs of wood. "I'll be seeing you, friend!!" Shouted Peter as he stood up and waved towards the bright rising light, "I'll be seeing you very soon!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment